QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
a) BLGF Quality Policy Declaration
The BLGF, in overseeing the treasury and assessment operations of local government units (LGUs), commits to high quality standards of service delivery to enable LGUs improve their fiscal sustainability towards growth and development.
To achieve this, we endeavor and commit to:
- Regularly evaluate local financial operations and provide appropriate interventions to LGUs;
- Comply with the legal requisites attuned to the changing times and to decentralized policy landscape;
- Optimize our resources and the use of information technology to ensure integrity and transparency of our work for the LGUs, the public, and key stakeholders;
- Develop and nurture our employees by providing responsive values and competency enhancement mechanisms for personnel development and competitiveness;
- Always adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and code of conduct; and
- Continuously improve the effectiveness and quality of our internal systems and process.
b) Customer Satisfaction Management System
It is the BLGF’s service standards commitment to openly communicate and respond to client’s needs towards exemplary customer satisfaction; providing accessible customer service to every customer with the same consideration and respect.
Clients are assured of that BLGF promotes integrity, accountability, proper management of public affairs and public property as well as establishes effective practices aimed at the prevention of graft and corruption in government.
c) Customer Service Standards
(1) External Customers
- We will greet our customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- We will listen effectively to our customers’ requests and promptly take the necessary actions to assist them. We will keep our customers informed of unexpected delays in service.
- We will inform our customers of normal process time, when they can expect completion and any delays that may arise in the process.
- We will touch base with our customers to update them as to where we are in the process.
- We will respond to website questions/requests within 24 hours during normal business hours.
- We will respond to applicants within 24 hours of normal process time to let them know when they can expect completion and any delays that may arise in the process.
- We will finish our encounters with our customers in a courteous and professional way.
(2) Internal Customers
- We will interact with each other in a courteous and professional manner.
- We will inform our internal customers of normal process time, when they can expect completion and any delays that may arise in the process.
- We will touch base with our internal customers daily, either by e-mail or phone, to update them as to where we are in the process.
- We will work to resolve issues with coworkers and other departments by discussing problems directly and working toward agreed upon solutions.
- We will be considerate, cooperative and helpful to every staff member to assure quality services.
- We will hold ourselves and each other accountable for addressing inappropriate comments and behavior.
(3) Telephone Etiquette
- When at our desks, we will answer the phone within two rings.
- We will identify ourselves when we answer.
- We will listen to the caller’s request and assist the caller accordingly.
- If we cannot assist the caller, we will direct the call to the appropriate person. Before transferring the call, we will obtain the caller’s permission and provide the caller with the name and extension number of the person who will be helping the caller.
- We will obtain the caller’s permission before placing the call “on hold” by asking and waiting for a response before initiating the hold function.
- We will end the conversation in a courteous and professional way by thanking the caller. We will wait for the caller to hang up first.
- We will notify our customers that someone is unavailable by saying, “He/She is unavailable. Is this an urgent issue or may I take a message?”
(4) Voice Mail
- We will respond to voice mails within 24 hours during normal business hours.
- We will update our voice mail greeting, advising callers when we will be out of the office for an extended period of time (1/2 day or longer), informing callers of when we will return and who they may contact with questions (if applicable).
- We will respond to e-mails within 24 hours during normal business hours.
- We will update our e-mail notification message when we will be out of the office for an extended period of time (full day or more). We will indicate our expected return date and indicate a contact person (if applicable).
- We will protect our clients his/her life and property from man-made and natural disaster while inside the premises of the Bureau.
- We will secure our staff, equipment and office facilities as we care for ourselves.
(7) Data Privacy
- We will protect everyone’s personal information, which came in hand with the Bureau.
- We will secure all records, in both paper and electronic form, and properly dispose of, if applicable.
- We will make our goal to exceed the expectations of all of our customer groups.
- We will work to anticipate the needs of those we serve by proactively working to meet their needs.
- We will hold ourselves and each other accountable for our service commitment.
- We will be conscious of our communication style (ie; audible voice, eye contact when speaking to someone, tone of voice) and communicate in a professional manner.
- We will make a conscious effort to compliment coworkers when their actions comply with these standards.