To : All BLGF Central and Regional Directors, Officials and Employees, and All Provincial, City and Municipal Treasurers and Assistant Treasurers, and Other Concerned
Subject : Submission of Registration and Application Forms for the Basic Competency for Local Treasury Examination (BCLTE) and Ethics-Oriented Personality Test (EOPT)
Date: October 2, 2015
The Department of Finance (DOF), in coordination with this Bureau, is instituting the commitment of the Secretary of Finance to the President for the professional development and continuous competency enhancement of local treasurers and assistant treasurers, pursuant to the mandated function under Sec. 470 and Sec. 471 of the Local Government Code (LGC) of 1991.
Responding to the request of the Secretary of Finance, the Civil Service Commission is currently developing the requested examinations in order to identify areas requiring capability building and development interventions and to pinpoint policies that would ensure that appointed or designated local treasury officials possess the required competencies to contribute to the improvement of fiscal and financial management performance and service delivery of their respective LGUs
In this regard, please be advised that the schedule for the simultaneous nationwide DOF-CSC Basic Competency for Local Treasury Examination and Ethics-Oriented Personality Test (EOPT) is already set on Sunday, 6 December 2015, which will be conducted in all CSC Regional Testing Centers.
Further, The DOF encourages other BLGF staff and other local government employees including, but not limited to, the LGU treasury, accounting and budgeting departments’ rank and file employees, to take the competency examination to establish a ready pool of qualified personnel for designation or appointment who are knowledgeable of treasury operations, provided they already meet the requirements under Sec. 470 and Sec. 471 of the Local Government Code.
Prior to the examination schedule, the CSC is requiring the DOF and the BLGF to submit the Official Master List and Detailed Information of all Provincial City and municipal treasurers and assistant treasurers, whether permanent or designee, concerned personnel of the BLGF Central and Regional Offices, and other interested applicants who are taking the examinations, using the following prescribed forms which are downloadable at the BLGF website (www.blgf.gov.ph):
1. DOF-CSC BCLTE and EOPT From No. 1. This form is mandatory for all (1) incumbent plantilla, designated, and detailed provincial, City, and Municipal Treasurers and Assistant Treasurers, and (2) BLGF Central and Regional Local Treasury Operations Officers (LTOO) and those other positions performing or assigned with local treasury supervision functions;
2. B DOF-CSC EOPT Form No. 2. This form is mandatory for all officials and employees of the BLGF who are required to take the EOPT. Those employees taking the BCLTE are not required to accoplish this form; and
3. B DOF-CSC BCLTE Form No. 3. This form is applicable only for those who are not mandatoryly required to take the exams, but are interested to take the BCLTE as a quilifying examination.
The Regional Directors of This Bureau are hereby instructed to widely disseminate this Circular and its attachments to all concerned within their respective jurisdictions, and submit the accomplished forms, no later that the following dates, in accordance with the guideliness set in <B Annex A (Procedures and Schedule for Registration and Application) and Annex B (Procedures in Encoding the Examinee Data Using CSC Template): >
1. October 12, 2015 – for Municipal examinees who will file their registration form personally to the provincial Treasurer’s Office;
2. October 14, 2015 – for provincial, City, and BLGF examinees who will file their registration form personally to the BLGF Regional Office; and
3. <October 16, 2015 – for (i) the electronic and courier transmittals by all BLGF Regional Offices of proplerly reviewed and encoded registrations and application, (ii) the BLGF Central LTOO examinees who will file their registration form personally to the BLGF CO’s Capacity Building Division, and (iii) EOPT registrations forms of all BLGF employees only.
The Department Ordering setting the policy and guidelines from the examinations will be circularized once the same is signed and issued by the Secretary of Finance. Likewise, instructions/advisories from the CSC regarding the venue of examinations and other administrative matters will be communicated immediately to all concerned.
Please be further advised that all inquiries or coordination regarding the registration and examination should be directed to the BLGF Central Office only, and not to the CSC Central or Regional Offices. No registration or examination fees are authorized to be charged or collected from any examinees or applicants.
In accordance with the directives of the Secretary of Finance, strict compliance with the instructions in this Circular is hereby enjoined
PROCEDURES AND SCHEDULE IN THE REGISTRAION/APPLICATION FOR THE BCLTE & EOPT
1. Fill out the Registration/Application Form (downloadable at www.blgf.gov.ph)
a. DOF-CSC BCLTE and EOPT Form No. 1. This Registration Form is mandatory for all (1) incumbent plantilla, designated, and detailed Provincial, City, and Municipal Treasurers and Assistant Treasurers, and (2) BLGF Central and Regional Local Treasury Operations Officers (LTOO) and those other positions performing or assigned with local treasury supervision functions;
b. DOF-CSC EOPT Form No. 2 This Registration Form is mandatory for all officials and employees of the BLGF who are required to take the EOPT. Those employees taking the BCLTE are not required to accomplish this form; and
c. DOF-CSC BCLTE Form No. 3. This Application Form is applicable only for those who are no mandatorily required to take the exams, but are interested to take the BCLTE as a qualifying examination, such as other BLGF and LGU treasury, budget and accounting employees.
2. Submit <U personally > the accomplished registration/application forms to respective Provincial Treasurer’s Office or BLGF central/regional offices per hereunder schedule of submission to be strictly followed by all concerned:
|EXAMINEE||Where to Submit||Submit on or Before|
|12 October 2015|
|14 October 2015|
|14 October 2015|
|14 October 2015|
|14 October 2015|
2.2 The Regional Directors and the Provincial Treasurers shall:
2.2.1 Designate a Focal Person, who shall:
a. Receive all registration and applicatio forms;
b. Encode the list of takers/examinees using the attached <B ANNEx “B” (Procedures in Encoding Examinee Data Using CSC Template); and
c. Release to each registrant/applicant the Acknowledgement Receipt found in the bottom section of the applicable form
2.2.2 Process the applications of other local government employees aspiring to become treasurers and assistant treasurers or other BLGF employees who are intending to join the BLGF local treasury operations units. ( A maximum of <BU 35 > examinees/takers per region subject to confirmation by the BLGF Central Office)
2.3 The Provincial Treasurers shall submit all registration/application forms received/processed together with the list of takers/examinees to their respective BLGF Regional Directors <U on or before October 14, 2015. >
2.4 The Regional Office shall transmit electronically and through Courier all forms together with the list of takers/ examiners using the <B Annex “B” (Procedure in Encoding Examinee Data Using CSC Template) > <U on or before October 16,2015.
3. Applicants/examinees shall secure from the designated Focal Person the acknowledgement receipt found in the bottom section of the Registration/Application Forms.
4. Advise examinees/applicants to bring the following on the examination day:
a. acknowledgement receip
b.any government-issued ID
c. one (1) black ballpen
d. Pencils with eraser
e. calculator (not cellphones)
f. snacks in clear containers
For other concerns/clarifications, contact Ms. Geriebeth G. Dela Torre or Ms. Hazel L. Gampay at tel. nos. 02 527-2790 or 02 522-8770.
PROCEDURES IN ENCODING EXAMINEE DATA USING CSC TEMPLATE
1. Open template file (downloadable at www.blgf.gov.ph)/
i. the first row represents the name per column.
ii. The second row represents the default value before the process of randomization for BatchCode, Ex_Code, Examinee Number and <B MiscellaneousCode columns. The columns for Examinee Name, Address, Birthdate, Birthplace, and B Sex are represented by sample character in the following required lengthand format.(Please refer to attached sheets for sample data.)
a. Examinee Name (35 characters)
Format: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, EXT NAME, M.I.(Middle Initial )
(Note: Do not put period after the extension name or middle initial.)
b. Address (40 characters)
Note: Do not put period or comma. If necessary, abbreviate/shorten address if it is too long.
c. Birthdate (8 characters): Format: YYYYMMDD format (e.g 19901031)
d. Birthplace (15 characters)
e. Sex (1 character)- M> for male or F for Female.
2. Encode all data should be in ALL CAPS MODE. Encode data for Examinee Name, Address, Birthdate, Birthplace and Sex column starting on the third row. Encode data per testing center. One (1) file for one testing center. (Note: Please do an initial manual randomization of examinees application form. Make sure that no relatives are encoded in succeeding order. See Sample Sheet). encoding of data should all be in capital letter.
3. Encode punctuated names without punctuations, such as MA. CECILIA to MA CECILIA or STO TOMAS to STO TOMAS, but retain hyphen for joint surnames, such as ANTONIO-MANUEL. For Special characters such as the Ñ, insert the special character ‘Ñ’ to reflect it properly in one’s name.
4. DO NOT accomplish the Batchcode, Exam Code, Examinee Number, and Miscellaneous Code columns.
5. Save file in Excel Format. Name the file according to testing Center or region in addition, Save As file in Formatted Tex (space delimited) format. The extension for this file is .prn .
6. PTO FOcal Person to submit electronic file to the BLGF Regional Focal Person. BLGF Regional Focal Person to submit electronic file to the BLGF Central Office.