TO : All Bureau Officials and Personnel, Regional Directors of Bureau of Local Government Finance, Provincial, City and Municipal Treasurers and Others Concerned
SUBJECT : Participation of Local Government Units in the 2016 Most Business-Friendly LGU Award of the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry
The Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) officially opened the nomination for 2016 Most Business-Friendly Local Government Unit (LGU) Awards. Since 2001, several hundreds of LGUs have submitted nomination and underwent rigorous audit application. The LGU Awards is the annual search of PCCI for the outstanding LGUs that have demonstrated outstanding efforts in supporting good governance reforms to promote trade investment, transparency and efficiency in delivering business services to fuel up inclusive growth in the locality. Likewise, it aims to complement the efforts of the government to institutionalize standards in delivering quality services to the people as mandated by the Republic Act 9485 or the Anti-Red Tape Act of 2007.
II. Nomination and Selection Process
To qualify, nominees must pass qualifying indicators in the areas of investment promotions, compliance to the Anti-Red Tape Act, and fiscal transparency.
- The LGUs must have established an investment promotion and generation strategy to advance equitable local economic development. It is deemed important that the LGUs invest in putting up a mechanisms that will provide guidance to stakeholders including investors and citizenry.
- The Anti-Red Tape Act has provided a framework in which transparency and accountability in government offices including LGUs could be practiced and instituted. In this award, a significant weight was given to the ARTA compliance and initiatives of the LGU particularly in the area of business processing and licensing system.
- LGUs must be compliant with its financial obligations and transparent in its transactions. It is highly commendable for an LGU to have sound financial policy and adhere financial spending.
Interested LGUs can participate in the award program in two ways:
- The LGU can be nominated by local chamber, other business associations and cooperatives submitting a completed Nomination Form (downloadable at BLGF website: blgf.gov.ph) to the PCCI Awards Committee. The Local Chief Executives shall also sign this form to indicate their willingness to be nominated.
- LGUs can likewise nominate themselves by submitting a completed form with endorsement of the PCCI regional officers. All entries will be processed and tabulated by the Awards Committee.
Finalists of the Awards will be notified to attend a panel interview in Metro Manila.
III. Award Categories
All provinces, cities and municipalities are encouraged to participate the Most Business-Friendly LGUs Awards with the categories as follows:
|Municipality||Level 1 – 1st class to 2nd class municipality|
|Level 2 – 3rd class to 6th class municipality|
|City||Level 1 – highly urbanized|
|Level 2 – independent component 1st class to 3rd class city|
|Level 3 – 3rd class to 6th class only|
|Province||Level 1 – 1st class to 2nd class province|
|Level 2 – 3rd class to 5th class province|
Special Citations may be awarded to LGUs that have outstanding programs or initiatives in specific areas.
IV. Awards Presentation
The awards will be presented to the winning LGUs by His Excellency, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, during the 42nd Philippine Business Conference which will be held on 14 October 2016.
V. Contact Information
Should you have questions/queries, your office may contact Ms. Sussette Rosuelo, PCCI award focal person, at (02) 846-8196 local 117 or email email@example.com.
For your information and guidance.
NIÑO RAYMOND B. ALVINA
OIC Executive Director